Step 3: Water Removal / Water Extraction
After inspecting your property and assessing the water damage, SERVPRO trained technicians are able to proceed with the next step: Water Extraction.
In the water removal/ extraction step, SERVPRO technicians use professional-grade water pumps and powerful vacuum units to quickly and effectively remove up to thousands of gallons of water from the affected areas. Technicians will also use infrared cameras and moisture detectors to unveil and determine the extent of the water damage. This ensures that all of the water damage, obvious or invisible, is discovered and repaired the first time so you can get back to life as usual.
Move-Out / Pack-Out
If your home requires extensive restoration or cleaning, SERVPRO of Santee / Lakeside can conduct an organized, efficient move-out to protect your belongings from further damage.
- Move-Out Service
Emergency Water Removal
Our highly trained technicians will begin the water removal process almost immediately. Depending on the amount of water, we may use powerful submersible pumps in addition to industrial strength, wet/dry vacuums. Removing most of the water helps reduce drying time and helps prevent secondary water damage and mold and bacterial growth.
- Remove Excess Water
- Use Submersible Pumps and Industrial Wet/Dry Vacuums
Inspect the Carpet Pad and Carpet
We inspect the carpet and pad and determine if they should be removed to protect the subfloor.
- Inspect Carpet Pad and Remove If Needed
- Inspect Carpet and Remove If Needed
Water Removal Equipment
- Moisture detectors, hygrometers, and other meters measure the extent of moisture saturation.
- Infrared cameras may be used to find “hidden” water behind walls and ceilings.
- Submersible and gas-powered pumps are used for continuous pumping of high-level water.
- Truck-mounted and portable extraction units perform efficient water removal.