Archived Mold Remediation Blog Posts
In San Diego, mold can spread through a home in as little as 48 hours.
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce health effects.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – 858-752-1078
Be careful! Without proper training, you could be spreading mold throughout your home.
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Santee for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of Santee specializes in mold cleanup and restoration, in fact, it’s a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – 858-752-1078
Your Allergies May Actually Be Mold Exposure
Spring is known as allergy season, but what most people don’t know is what they believe to be allergies may actually be mold exposure. Many homes receive water damage over the winter and once temperatures warm up come springtime, it creates the perfect environment for mold to grow and thrive. Consistent inhalation and exposure to mold can cause symptoms and health effects that are very easy to confuse for allergies.
Call SERVPRO of Santee & Lakeside at (619) 258-7200 today if you believe you may have a mold problem in your home. Our team of trained technicians will examine your home to find the original source of water damage. Our team will get the job done right the first time, so you can rest easy that the mold is remediated. We’ll make it "Like it never even happened."
There are pretty strict guidelines for employees to work in crawlspaces. Our crew members have the understanding, knowledge, and skills necessary for the safe performance of the duties assigned under this a house.
The proper certifications are important for not only employee safety but also to ensure the services are being performed according to industry standards.
The technicians are trained to be careful with the common building materials in the crawlspace. Copper pipes, drain pipes, electrical wires, and other cables are often in the way of the wet insulation. Having proper lighting, and protective gear is imperative for safe working conditions. Our technicians always have to be careful to keep an eye out for rodents, spiders, and other creatures that call crawlspace home.
Call us (619)258-7200, always here to help.
CA Mold Bill
The mold bill was passed last year. Here is a quick explanation from Sen. Holly Mitchell
On Friday, Oct. 9, Gov. Jerry Brown approved SB 655 by Sen. Holly Mitchell, D-Los Angeles.
What does this mean for the rental housing industry?
While the new law does add “visible mold” to the list of conditions that can make a property substandard or untenantable, SB 655 offers property owners a number of protections from bogus claims of mold contamination:
- Visibility: The mold growth must be visible. No more air tests that tenants and their attorneys attempt to use to delay evictions and avoid the payment of rent.
- Confirmation: The mold must be determined by a health officer or code enforcement officer to rise to a level that endangers the life, limb, health, property, safety or welfare of the public or the occupants. No more last minute tenant self-declarations that the mold exists.
- Location: The law excludes from the substandard code mold that is minor and found on surfaces that can accumulate moisture as part of their properly functioning and intended use – such as bathroom showers and window sills.
- Notification: The owner must have received notice that the mold exists in order to have any obligations under the law.
- Responsibility: The owner is not on the hook if the tenant caused the mold by failing to properly clean the unit or failed to use electrical fixtures to like bathroom fans to keep mold out.
- Accessibility: The law makes clear that the landlord has the right to enter the property to make repairs and clean up any reported mold. In some situations today, a landlord receives notice, but the tenant refuses to allow the owner in to address the issue.