With fire damage, often comes water damage!
One of the biggest causes of fires is smoking. Many people don’t pay attention when smoking and let the ambers fall anywhere they please. Or sometimes they just carelessly leave a burning cigarette someplace while they go run and do something real quick.
In this photo, you see the result of someone leaving their cigarette unoccupied for just one moment. This caused sprinklers to go off in 14 rooms on the top floor and water leaking down to the 1st floor in 7 rooms, the hallways, and the lobby. The headboard of the bed was destroyed because of a moment of inattention that could have been a lot worse than it was. SERVPRO of Santee/Lakeside was there to help start the drying process of the aftermath. We are here 24/7 to help assist, just call us at (619) 258-7200.